If you own a business you need to grow it, there is no other way. You have to increase your reach in order to increase your audience base.
Lead generation is one of the best and most effective ways to boost a business and you must always look for the ways to catch more leads to achieve your goals. If you are a beginner and not familiar with the term “Lead Generation” you must know what is lead generation actually called?
Definition of Lead Generation
Simply “Lead Generation” can be defined as the process or practice of collecting contact information of your potential customer. After getting their contact details you need to contact them with your best offers to boost your sales but also make sure not to annoy them during the whole process and don’t make your campaigns over promotional.
We are blessed with many top social media platforms but email is still the most trusted source for communicating online. Smart internet marketers make more effort to collect email addresses of their potential customers compared to other contact information.
Email is more personal than Facebook, Twitter or any other social media channels and that’s why getting an email address is more difficult. You can get the email addresses in exchange by offering something valuable to your customers.
But here the question occurs, what you should offer to your customers to convince them to provide their email address and other contact details in return? Here I have listed top 10 tips to catch more leads for your small business and hope you will find it useful.
1. Provide Valuable Content:
Never compromise with the quality of your content. No matter how much you have invested in making your website design appealing and attractive, your content/service is the only thing which can convert your audience into customers.
Quality contents are loaded with valuable necessary information and if your audience will find it useful they will start trusting you and also wait for the next blog posts.
How you can create a valuable content? Few tips listed below:
- Do research and provide original content always
- Categorize your content
- Add relevant images, GIFs, videos
- Break your content into paragraphs
- Include eye catchy headlines
- Make lists and use bullet points
2. Make your Email Newsletter more shareable:
Create compelling and shareable email newsletters to boost your subscriber network. Make effort to encourage and convince your email subscribers to share your message.
When the targeted audience and customers will start sharing your email newsletter it will bring new subscribers and more exposure to your content/service.
Create an effective and simple call to action button for sharing your email newsletter and always make effort to improve it by changing the word size, color and shape of the sharing button.
3. Guest Blogging:
Guest blogging is one of the best ways of bringing more visitors to your site. You won’t believe but almost every blogger is doing guest posting including the big influencers of the blogging industry too.
Guest blogging has been proved very useful in many ways and here are the few ways listed below:
- Improves online authority
- Brings quality traffic
- Provide more exposure to your content
- Help in building healthy relationships with like-minded people
- Increase subscriber base
- Brings backlinks from authority sites and improves ranking in search engines
- Improve your writing
- Overall improves your brand image online
4. Make your Campaigns Mobile Optimized:
Mobile devices are the need of time and if your website is not mobile optimized then you are making a huge mistake. Mobile usage has surpassed desktop usage and most of the website traffic comes from mobile devices these days.
No matter how beautiful is your website’s desktop design is it may look totally different in mobile devices due to the screen limitations.
Make sure to create mobile-optimized lead generation campaigns including a mobile-friendly call to action buttons and simple feedback boxes.
5. Create Surveys and Quiz:
Always look for the ways to engage more with your audience. Creating surveys and quiz are one of the best ways to grab the attention of your targeted audience.
- Quiz – Create a quiz relevant to your industry. Make effort to make your quiz simple, effective and a little bit funny at the same time. Doing this will increase engagement with your audience resulting in managing healthy relationships and improving conversions.
- Survey – Surveys works differently from the quiz and it’s easy to get feedback through a well-organized survey compared to a quiz.
6. Provide Something Useful for Free:
Content is king no doubt and you have tried your best to create quality content that will be enough to generate leads. What if you can generate more leads by offering something valuable for free to your visitors? That will be really a great idea.
Providing something useful for free to your audience will help in building trust as well as help you in building a huge email list. Have you any idea what are the kind of stuff you can offer? No worries check the list below.
- Free email course
- Case studies
- Success stories
- Expert Advises
- Cheat sheets
- Coaching sessions
- Free online tools
- Free video course
7. Do Webinars:
Webinars can bring tons of subscribers if done in a right way. It is one of the best and easiest ways to collaborate with like-minded people in your industry.
Webinars will also help you in accessing the audience of the bloggers you are going to include resulting in more traffic and subscribers to your website.
Webinars can help you in growing your email list but it’s not going to be beneficial for you if not done properly.
I have made a small list of things to consider before starting a webinar:
- Make sure to include niche relevant people in your webinar
- Make effort to include more people
- With little blog traffic, you are not going to achieve much from webinars
- Inform your audience before starting a webinar
- Spend more time on the desk with the support team to make a blueprint
- Work more on the quality of webinar
- Have a great webinar tool in your pouch
- Promote it on each and every social media platform
8. Expert Roundups:
Everybody will love to hear from the top influencers and experts in their industry. Roundups may be time-consuming compared to other lead generation practices but it provides great results at the end.
A roundup helps you in collaborating with the top influencers in your industry. Don’t offer multiple questions to answer instead of making effort to include more people in your roundup.
A successful roundup campaign can be beneficial in multiple ways.
- Establish your brand image online
- Helps you in increasing your reach
- Better collaboration with top bloggers and influencers of your industry
- More exposure
- Brings more traffic, subscribers and of course more revenue
9. Boost Trust by using Safe Language:
Safety and privacy are the main concerns of every person who spends time online. Your customers may not subscribe and not share his/her contact information due to the threat of data sharing.
Look for the ways to increase the confidence of your visitors and customers. Use safe language or phrases such as “we won’t share anybody’s contact information” or “I provide 100% privacy and will never spam you” etc.
10. Blog Commenting:
Blog commenting can help you in achieving multiple goals. No matter if you are doing a guest post, writing your own content or doing blog commenting, make sure to be valuable wherever you are.
Don’t just comment for backlinks. Invaluable and useless comments will bring negative results to your blog and will ruin your online identity. Comment generously to interact with the fellow bloggers and make effort to help the readers with their questions and comments.
Online marketers invest their time and resources in building their business and make great efforts to get higher returns on their investment.
Applying best lead generation techniques one can achieve their sales goals and make a huge profit as well. I hope you will find this post useful and you are welcome to provide your feedback.
About the Author